Russian Speaking Marketing Manager in London
Job Type: Contract.
We have an exciting 12 month contract opportunity for a Marketing Manager- If you have experience in marketing and licensing management in an international context within the home entertainment industry, we want to hear from you!
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment’s home video, digital distribution, interactive entertainment, technical operations and anti-piracy businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution. An industry leader since its inception, the WBHE International Licensee office works across Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and CIS, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia/New Zealand, developing and co-ordinating sales/marketing strategies and product releases of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels. WBHE is also a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. The International Licensee video team in London helps WBHE distribute its products through third party retail partners, platforms and licensees, as well as directly to consumers through global platforms such as iTunes and Google Play.
WBHE’s success has been driven by a highly-committed team and a huge range of fantastic products, including blockbuster films (such as The Hobbit Trilogy, The Dark Knight and Man of Steel, and the Harry Potter film series), TV franchises (such as The Big Bang Theory, Gotham and Arrow, HBO award-winners including Game of Thrones and True Detective, plus classic favorites such as Friends and Band of Brothers), popular kids franchises (such as Scooby-Doo, DC Universe, Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry) and timeless movie classics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide strategic marketing support to optimise the delivery of marketing campaigns to drive transactional sales and growth specifically in ANZ territory through license/agent partner and WM regional teams as well as support other regions/territory initiatives from time to time. Management of marketing and strategic plans for a Warner Bros.’ portfolio of TV, kids and MFV titles, across Home Video and Digital formats – primarily optimising contribution from Warner Media’s TV libraries including WB, HBO and Turner. Working with the SMM and team to define release strategies and responsible for the development of product propositions, execution, analysis and profitability of marketing activities across all International licensee territories.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Be the team expert and go to person on all TV, kids and MFV content and ensure relevant information is disseminated to the team as required. Responsible for the product management and marketing of this category.
2. Provide insight and develop product propositions, release strategy proposals and marketing campaign support across the portfolio of TV content. Drive new TV, MFV and Kids initiatives and activities with Digital partners and optimize sales opportunity for our physical partners.
3. Ensure product lifecycle management strategies are developed for the portfolio of product identifying key titles and promotional opportunities relevant for markets; sign off release and promotional calendars for key markets and share ideas/best practices to support other regions as they develop their TV offering as required.
4. Work with team members to agree pricing, promotions, media and marketing initiatives that drive sales of our TV, MFV and kids library. Considering brand and franchise development.
5. Ensure partners are provided with relevant Marketing and Promotional materials via WB systems liaising with WB home office to ensure creative needs are developed and met in a timely manner to optimize release and marketing efforts and where necessary brief agencies on new creative material.
6. Ensure licensee/agent develop relevant marketing campaigns for WM products effectively, efficiently and on strategy Assessing and monitoring return on investment and spend levels and campaign effectiveness to ensure they meet budget targets and to provide insights that may support other territory initiatives through best in class marketing campaigns..
7. Work with cross divisional teams to ensure the right franchise strategies are optimized with home entertainment support and that titles are released, rights and holdbacks are respected, and sales are optimized, liaising and working with these division teams on marketing initiatives and press events to include home entertainment partners.
8. Work with team at home and regional offices to greenlight titles for both physical and digital clients, ensuring relevant localisation is optimised and remains profitable for the company and our partners. Work with operations teams to be clear on ratings, censorship requirements in regions and determine best processes to inform various parts of the business of content release dates and plans through WB systems in a timely manner.
9. Develop presentations and pitch documents to support commercial teams, working with home office and other affiliate WB offices to gather best practices and make recommendations on release strategies and campaigns. Bringing forward best in class ideas and testing new initiatives ie) TV VOD, and providing recommendations on product format.
10. Making recommendations to clients to ensure they optimize the UI and merchandising of the content as well as marketing initiatives for the end consumer in both physical and digital environments.
11. Review sales and performance of marketing activities
Interface with other Warner Bros departments/teams (territories, Home Office, Regional teams, Legal, WBITD, etc.) to build relationships and ensure efficacy of initiatives.
Budget and forecast target setting support to Senior Marketing Manager for TV/MFV/Kids category and oversee marketing spend for ANZ HE.
Execute special projects such and ad hoc reporting/presentations as required
Support Russian and other markets marketing initiatives with best practice and media optimizing strategies as required.
· Functional fluency in English (written and spoken). Other languages would be useful but not essential.
· 3-5 years product/brand management experience in video marketing and/or FMCG. Experience in New Release strongly preferred, as is previous multi-national experience.
· Computer proficiency and full working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload, detail orientation and follow-through skills.
· Excellent listening written, oral and presentation skills – so as to interact effectively with diverse International Territories, Regional and Home Office at all levels.
· Ability to take initiative, develop work processes, provide marketing analyses and summary reports as necessary. Specific financial background not required – but must be numerate.
· Ability to apply project management, marketing and analytical skills to the video business.
· Self-starter – ambition and drive to succeed and progress within the Company.
· Able to work well in a collaborative team environment.
· Ability to work well under time constraints and to meet deadlines.
· Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
· Clear Leadership qualities – excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills – combined with the ability to be able to win confidence and influence positive results across all levels of the company.
· A deep interest in and demonstrable knowledge of the film business will be a pre-requisite to success in this role.
Work Experience Relevant marketing and licensing management experience in an international context
Entertainment industry experience a plus
Mental Demands Must be able to manage time effectively and handle multiple tasks at once.
Must possess a professional, proactive and positive attitude.
Other Requirements Willingness and ability to travel internationally if required.
News On Calendar