- AUTO-TRANSLATED TO RUSSIAN: Yes
- Posted by Direct Employer
Empowering 20-somethings to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things
At ASOS our 2,000+ ASOSers are immersed in the creative worlds, live on their mobiles and have a truly entrepreneurial attitude. As a company, we’re not trying to mimic or profit from youth culture – we are part of that youth culture.
There’s nothing that excites us more than finding talent, fuelling it, then letting it fly. Whether it’s developing the careers of our staff or investing in a new tech platform, we love knowing that we truly keep fashion moving forward.
Ultimately, we get excited by interesting individuals and we want to feed this individuality, empowering our people and customers to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things.
A bit about the team:
The Content team is a key department in ASOS, sitting within the wider Brand Experience team and working alongside the Social team. The Editorial team is responsible for producing a seamless content offering for our customers across all channels onsite and in email and push.
Based in London, and reporting to the Content Lead, this 12-month maternity cover role manages the ASOS Editorial team of writers and editors, enabling them to deliver world-class content across all onsite, CRM and push channels, including campaign content, propositions, trading moments, paid social, as well as ad-hoc tasks. You will also be responsible for the Sub Editor who works across all customer-facing content, and the Venture Brand Editor who delivers COLLUSION’s sub-brand content. The role works closely with the Localisation team to ensure all translated marketing content is appropriate for our 10 languages and across all territories. The Editorial Content Manager is the guardian of the ASOS tone of voice, ensuring the marketing teams are creating the most engaging 20-something’s content in Gen Z language, as well as always being sensitive and appropriate to world backdrops, pivoting quickly when needed; and providing the language routes and positioning statements on campaigns and big moments in the marketing calendar.
This role is well-suited for a team player who will embrace working with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment and will empower the Editorial team to deliver hard-working, data-driven content. This is a key management role in the Content Team, also assisting the Content Lead on any strategy workstreams for the Content and Social teams.
· Line manage the Editors, Junior Editors, and writers in the Content Team
· Line manage the Sub Editing team and Venture brand team
· Nurture their ability to think creatively against a backdrop of data and insight
· Take regular 121s and set objectives
· Work closely with the Content Lead and Brand Marketing teams on marketing positioning statements, ensuring the most appropriate and effective language and tone of voice is used, onboarding the rest of the department
· Lead the Global Sub Editor in maintaining and progressing the ASOS tone of voice, pushing its importance with the rest of the department
· Own and sign off all language guides to ensure we’re at the forefront of use of language across all topics relevant to 20-somethings, including diversity and inclusion and gender stereotypes
· Maintaining playbooks and strategies for all content channels, testing to drive views and conversion
· Work with Insights team to validate language and content choices
· Work with your Editors and Insights Team to test, analyse and advance our editorial approach ensuring they are data lead and understand the key performance metrics for the channels they create content for
· Leading a collaborative culture of innovation and agility, working with all teams effectively to ladder up to the entire department’s KPIs
· Encourage the team to deliver distinct content plans and franchises for both ASOS and ASOS’ venture brand portfolio
· Work with the SEO team to understand content objectives and best practices
· Work with the localisation team to identify ways in which content can deliver against business objectives in each market
· Support Localisation team: provide ASOS house style updates; analyse global copy to ensure English-languages nuances won’t be transcreated
· Support launch of new territories and new agencies with training of agencies and working with Localisation to give brand guides
· Line manage the Russian Editor (currently on maternity leave) to ensure VK content is driving sales in RU
· Work with Senior Management team across the department to ensure a joined-up approach to delivering content across our channels
· Take lead on brand guidelines language, ensuring the company follows our values in all content
· Ensure the content team sees through the customers’ eyes at all times, scrutinising its own copy to be the best it can be
· Identify new ways of working, efficiencies and collaborative crossovers across marketing teams that will empower them to deliver better work
· Foster a culture of excellence and ambition within the team, initiating and driving forward new opportunities to meet and exceed KPIs and objectives
· Lead brainstorms and creative sessions, with direct reports and relevant department personnel, to ensure the most informed, ambitious and creative solutions are tested and evolved
· Be the face of the Editorial team, collaborating with other team Leads to ensurie the department is always aware of its importance and when to bring it into to processes.
Skills and experience you will need:
· Proven management experience
· Excellent eye for detail, as will act as final pair of eyes on most ASOS marketing content
· Experience in sub editing a bonus
· Knowledge of owning and developing a global brand’s house style and tone of voice
· Ability to identify, develop and deliver business-wide strategic initiatives, assisting the Content Lead
· Fashion marketing knowledge and a dedication and ambition for the ASOS brand
· Data driven with the ability to understand performance, measurement and optimisation of content
· Experience working across different digital content formats (social, on-site, email)
· Exceptional organisational, administrative and communication skills are key to this role, as is the ability to work to tight deadlines across many projects at once
· Experience of communicating clearly at senior level (Heads of Department and Directors)
· A passion for leading, motivating, managing and championing teams to be their best
· International content experience as a bonus
· You must be able to prioritise and be calm under pressure
· Knowledge of the factors that contribute to making a successful online fashion destination.