- AUTO-TRANSLATED TO RUSSIAN: Yes
- Posted by Direct Employer
The focus of the role will be twofold – support our banking and Fintech development projects from the legal side, and bring additional competency to the general part of our legal department (Compliance, IPR, Tax and Corporate Law excluded). We are looking into expanding into banking and Fintech, therefore need legal support to these projects from an experienced bank or Fintech lawyer. We also expect that this person will be able to strengthen the legal department in general, for example regarding contract drafting and review, litigation and dispute resolution, and employment law matters.
The Exness Group is in an expansion phase that we plan to accelerate in the coming years, so we need solid ownership of bank and Fintech related legal matters. With adding this role we want to make sure that the normal planned work is not interrupted when new large or complex bank or Fintech projects are added to the agenda, and avoid that the team members have to interrupt existing projects and commitments as a result. We also expect increased pressure on the existing team and therefore want to add additional competency on more general legal matters.
To achieve this we need an experienced bank or Fintech lawyer with international experience, either from working in-house or at a law firm. Working with other types of financial institutions like EMI’s and PSP’s is also appreciated. We are looking for a team player that can take a pragmatic approach and take on tasks directly from the business owners, and we expect that, after a period of onboarding, that the role can achieve its goals in an independent manner. We expect you to have experience from bank or Fintech businesses, especially from online services in this area.
The role needs to be commercial and learn to understand our business and the services we provide very well. We work a lot in project format so solid project and process management skills are needed but we will also provide internal and external training to support the project management skills sets required (performance rating will primarily be based on the success rate of the projects managed). Experience from financial services or similar industries is appreciated, and we like the role to have experience from owner-led organisations.
Our selected candidate will report to the Head of Legal and Regulatory Affairs who manages the rest of the legal and compliance team. The role will be placed in Limassol, Cyprus, and work in a team of four other lawyers and four central compliance resources. The role will require travelling (when possible) and currently allows flexible working from home schedule with certain minimum hours spent in the office.
The full requirements are:
- Minimum 8 years legal experience as a Bank or Fintech lawyer, either from an in-house positions or from a Law firm
- Holder of at least a University degree in Law (LLB)
- Experience from working hands-on with online and digital companies in the financial services sector
- Experience from working with employment related matters
- Strong project and process management skills
- A commercial mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Wanted but not necessary is:
- Experience from from working in or with owner led organisations
- Experience from CFD/FX sector
- Litigation and dispute resolution experience
- Crypto and DLT experience
- Master degree in Law (LLM)
- Membership of the Cyprus Bar Association or any equivalent qualification
- Verbally proficient in the Russian language
- Official employment in accordance with the laws of Cyprus and the EU, including the registration of family members
- Medical insurance for employees and family members
- Corporate Mini Cooper CountryMan S for all relocated employees
- Relocation package (visa, tickets, corporate flat for 1 month)
- Сompany’s fitness center for employees and their spouses
- English and Greek language classes
- Kindergarten/school compensation program
- The best view to the sea from our own rooftop bar