Air Products and ChemicalsFull Time
- Posted by Direct Employer
*This page was auto-translated to Russian. Please switch to English language in the top right corner of the page to see the original version of this job ad.
Job Description and Qualifications Pressure Systems Engineer to join the European Industrial Gases Operations Pressure System team.
Location: relevant AP plant location in the UK, Germany, France or Poland
Contract Type: full time
Education: M.Eng in Mechanical Engineering
Languages: English (advanced)
Salary: competitive + annual bonus + standard benefits package
The Pressure Systems team provides an on-going pressure system and mechanical integrity support for Air Products operating facilities in Europe. The scope of pressure system equipment includes Pressure Vessels, Columns, Heat Exchangers, Fired Heaters, Reformers, Storage Tanks, Piping, Pipelines, and Safety Relief Devices.
The role requires an understanding of key engineering principles to troubleshoot equipment issues and resolve them effectively. It will include equipment inspection, repair, and maintenance activities. Key responsibilities will be to ensure the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of pressure systems equipment and support regulatory compliance.
Role to be based in one of our European Offices or Facilities, and travel within Europe will be required.
- Provide front line technical expertise on piping, vessel and heat exchanger systems in support of the continued operation of the plant. The key drivers being safety, reliability and plant availability.
- Resolve any issues associated with pressure systems equipment in operating facilities. This is likely to include designing and supervising repairs.
- Design engineering associated with this job will include the development of technical specifications and stress calculations, review of strength calculations and fabrication drawings.
- Develop repair procedures and inspection/test plans for the fabrication and installation of pressure systems.
- Provide technical guidance to plant operation/maintenance on suitable inspection types and methods.
- Develop a Pressure System Mechanical Integrity program to ensure safe, reliable, regulatory, and efficient operation. The inspection requirements shall satisfy the specific European country’s regulation and Air Products’ procedures.
- Through the regular review, ensure that the inspection program is updated to reflect operation, industry experience, and any new requirements.
- Resolve inspection findings in a way that supports plant availability whilst satisfying regulatory bodies and maintaining safety.
- Explore and where appropriate, implement new technology solutions to enhance the cost-effective way in which the mechanical integrity of the plant is maintained.
- Provide pressure systems technical review for any equipment or plant modification in accordance with the Management of Change procedure.
- Be the European Power User for Credo (Mechanical Integrity Management Tool).
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on Pressure Systems/Mechanical Integrity, ideally for a multinational company within the Petrol Chem / Air Separation/ Power industries.
- Experience in design and an in-depth understanding of the engineering principles on which the various codes of construction are based in order to make professional assessments. Practical experience in fabrication is also required, particularly when formulating or assessing repair procedures.
- Working knowledge of design, materials strength, corrosion, fatigue, fracture mechanics, creep, welding, fabrication, standard non-destructive test methods (e.g. Radiography, Ultrasonics). Advanced methods would be an advantage.
- Experience in interacting with Inspection Companies and Notified Bodies would be an advantage
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English across all levels. Together with another European Language (ideally Polish/French/Spanish/German/Czech/Russian)
- The ability to troubleshoot and make good and timely decisions in a pressurised situation. He/ she must be able to make high-quality decisions on what action should be taken.
- Flexibility in terms of changing priorities, workload, and working hours.
- Full Driving License
WHAT WE OFFER:
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation – with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
If that sounds interesting, then come and discover by clicking APPLY now.
Please note our talent acquisition team will only reply to suitable candidates, within 2 weeks of your job application.
Req No. 29278BR Type of Relocation Benefits Provided Domestic Employment Status Full Time Employment Type Europe – Hay Organization Global Industrial Gases Business Sector / Division Industrial Gases EMEA Region Europe Country Europe
- Location: EU-DE-Hattingen Headquarter, EU-DE-Stade, EU-FR-Ile de France Nord, EU-FR-L’Isle d’Abeau (38), EU-FR-Maurepas (78), EU-PL-Czestochowa, EU-PL-Kedzierzyn-Kozle, EU-PL-Poznań, EU-PL-Siewierz, EU-PL-Warsaw, EU-UK-Crewe Millennium Gate, EU-UK-Hersham, EU-UK-Hull