- AUTO-TRANSLATED TO RUSSIAN: Yes
- Posted by Direct Employer
Phillips is a leading global platform for buying and selling 20th and 21st century art and design. With dedicated expertise in the areas of 20th Century and Contemporary Art, Design, Photographs, Editions, Watches, and Jewellery. Phillips offers professional services and advice on all aspects of collecting. Auctions and exhibitions are held at sale-rooms in New York, London, Geneva, and Hong Kong, while clients are further served through representative offices based throughout Europe, the United States and Asia. Phillips also offers an online auction platform accessible anywhere in the world. In addition to providing selling and buying opportunities through auction, Phillips brokers private sales and offers assistance with appraisals, valuations, and other financial services.
We are looking for a HR Advisor, Maternity Cover, to initially provide additional resource, then maternity cover.
The successful candidate will be able to maintain a professional, comprehensive business focussed and deliver best practice HR administration, advice and support service to Phillips across Europe. Work with the Senior Human Resources Director, Europe to provide sound first level HR Advice, support key HR processes and provide responsive and attentive service to Phillips employees in the London Headquarters and other regional offices in Europe.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide an efficient, effective and customer focused HR service which supports all aspects of an employee’s relationship and engagement with the company including recruitment, terms and conditions of employment, training and development activities, ensuring compliance with employment legislation and company policies.
- Provide first level HR advice and guidance to all employees and managers ensuring advice is legally compliant, escalating complex queries to the Senior HR Director, Europe as required.
- Work in partnership with line managers on all aspects of people management including performance management, employee relations, resourcing and employee management and development.
- Work collaboratively with internal payroll administration advisors and external benefits providers to manage monthly payroll information for all employees across Europe and successfully address employee pay and benefit issues.
- Liaise with 3rd party benefits administrators to process employee benefits enrolments. Manage all employee and company administrative duties including preparing and maintaining benefits related records and reports and submitting monthly pension submissions.
- Manage and lead employee relations cases such as; sickness absence/performance management/disciplinary and grievance.
- Support and administer the recruitment process, including creating and updating position descriptions, posting jobs, tracking job applicants, conducting phone screenings, scheduling and participating in interviews with hiring managers, performing employment reference checks, and drafting and sending offer documents including contracts.
- Manage new hire process including internal coordination, new hire on-boarding and orientation.
- Process resignations and terminations and ensure all relevant procedures are followed. Conduct exit interviews, conducting relevant analysis and escalating to the Senior Human Resources Director, Europe, as necessary.
- Support the Senior Human Resources Director, Europe to develop and administer policy and process updates.
- Assist, as required, with processes such as the annual performance review process, annual pay review process and annual bonus review process preparing reports as necessary.
- Actively manage maternity, paternity and other Family Friendly policy cases.
- Routinely maintain and update and monitor electronic HR records in relation to all employees e.g. annual leave records, sickness absence and making sure data held on employees are accurate and treated with confidentiality.
- Provide administrative support to the HR function including record maintenance, filing, scheduling meetings, copying/scanning, etc.
- Assist with various HR initiatives, research and/or special projects
- Attend auctions and special events as requested
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as requested
Professional Skills & Experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ Generalist HR experience working in an advisory capacity across different jurisdictions, required
- Experience working in a start-up HR environment, preferred
- Up to date working knowledge of employment law including European jurisdictions, required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with database management, required
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced, commercial environment, required
- HR experience supporting a Sales based environment, preferred
- Auction House or Art Industry experience, preferred
Education & Training
- CIPD qualified or studying towards this, required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferred.
- Languages helpful: French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Cantonese, Mandarin.
- Commercially astute, personable with a flexible approach
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate across a wide range of levels
- Ability to multi-task and work with strict deadlines, under high-pressure situations, and remain calm in stressful situations; ability to prioritise and adjust with change
- Strong attention to detail, be highly organised, and have strong follow-up
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with discretion and diplomacy
- Excellent, professional communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communications and client service skills
- Proactive, dependable and have ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to work professionally and responsibly with all other areas within the business
- Demonstrate creativity, honesty and integrity
- Work is primarily undertaken in the Mayfair based office location, with travel to our London warehouse and European offices, as required.
- Must be willing to provide assistance evenings and weekends as necessary
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship
Reference ID: HRAdvisor_Matcover_Sep 2020
Application Deadline: 02/10/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Monday to Friday
- Human Resources: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19