- AUTO-TRANSLATED TO RUSSIAN: Yes
- Posted by Direct Employer
Exness is an international Fintech group providing CFD trading software and services for the global market. The group includes one of the leading CFD market makers in the world with trading volumes of over 300B USD per month. The group holds several licenses for its business and is looking to acquire additional licenses, and to develop other functions, in the near future in order to support its international expansion.
We are looking to consolidate the ownership of our global and local tax strategy in the group to a new Head of Tax role. The role will be tasked with setting up and maintaining an efficient tax structure for all group companies within the parameters of the operations, and also own all other tax matters in the group. This includes managing the tax exposure in and between the different group functions (management, sales, marketing, development, support and administration) that is spread out in 10+ companies on three continents. Of primary importance is the managing of intra group relations from a transfer pricing perspective. The existing structures also need constant maintenance due to ever changing tax regulation and tax practices.
The role will report to the CFO but will interact with many other group departments, primarily Legal and Regulatory Affairs. The role is planned to be placed in our main office in Limassol, Cyprus. We believe we can offer a very dynamic work environment with exposure both to cutting edge tax challenges and a young, ambitious and empowering company culture.
The primary focus for the role is:
- Reviewing and optimising the groups tax structure, including transfer pricing, intra group contracts, permanent establishment, and VAT etc.;
- Reviewing and optimising the groups tax documentation, including intra group contracts, decision forums, meeting schedules and minutes, along with travel schedules when needed. This includes liaising directly with local group companies to control their adherence to the established policies;
- Challenging existing group and company structures with “pressure tests”;
- Stay on top of the developments in tax regulation in the jurisdictions where the group operates;
- Suggest improvements to existing structures depending on the above;
- Function as the primary contact for tax issues for all third party providers such as auditors and tax partners / lawyers;
- Proactively engage in new business and product projects to spot tax weaknesses and opportunities for tax savings;
- Liaise directly with local tax authorities and third party providers when relevant;
The role involves a high level of responsibility for the overall regulatory performance of the group. It also includes safeguarding the reputation of the group, promoting its values and culture, and upholding the interests of the company’s principals. The above imply good knowledge of the applicable tax, regulatory and legal framework, as well as immersing oneself in the company culture. It will be important to have the capacity to identify misalignments with group objectives and taking relevant remedial action and/or notifying as needed stakeholders up the reporting line. As such the role requires a high degree of ownership of objectives and project management, including monitoring the implementation of different projects, and ensuring that milestones are being met throughout the duration of such projects.
- University degree in Finance, Law or related field;
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written (additional knowledge of Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese or Russian language is appreciated);
- Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) qualification or equivalent;
- Minimum of 10-year working experience from planning tax structures and establishing tax policies for international companies providing online services in multiple jurisdictions (either in-house our working at an auditor, law firm or similar);
- Experience from interacting with tax authorities and other governmental bodies;
- A person with a creative mindset and a genuine interest in financial markets
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Official employment in accordance with the laws of Cyprus and the EU, including the registration of family members
- Medical insurance for employees and family members
- Corporate Mini Cooper CountryMan S for all relocated employees
- Relocation package (visa, tickets, corporate flat for 1 month)
- Сompany’s fitness center for employees and their spouses
- English and Greek language classes
- Kindergarten/school compensation program
- The best view to the sea from our own rooftop bar