European Bank for Reconstruction and DevelopmentContract
- AUTO-TRANSLATED TO RUSSIAN: Yes
- Posted by Direct Employer
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development was founded in 1991 when communism was crumbling in Europe and ex-Soviet countries needed support to nurture a new private sector and democracy. Today we invest to help build market economies from central Europe to central Asia and the southern and eastern Mediterranean. We are now the largest single investor in our region. Owned by 69 countries and two intergovernmental institutions, we provide project financing for banks, industries and businesses. We also work with publicly owned companies to support privatisation, restructure state-owned firms and improve municipal services. Wherever we are active, we promote policies that bolster the business climate.
The Analyst Trader is a junior financial markets person who will learn about and assist the management of the Bank’s local currency market FX, interest rate and liquidity risks, within the constraints of managing a mark-to-market book with P&L targets.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
The Analyst Trader, Portfolio Management – EMEA will:
- Help to manage and analyse the risks for their sub-unit, with particular focus to be given to the risks associated with cash management
- Prepare any daily and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Understand and learn about the investment strategies implemented on the desk.
- Help in the tracking of all relevant developments in the relevant local currency markets, with particular emphasis on supporting the Head and other local currency Managers in their effort and focus on local currency markets where these risks can be especially pronounced and hard to find.
- Help expanding the framework necessary to manage the local currency funding and lending books. This will imply negotiating legal agreements and seeking necessary approvals so that EBRD can be in a position to access domestic markets.
- Develop relationships internally to facilitate and improve business:
- Middle office – trade amendments, internal bookings, and any minor market data issues
- Accounting – P&L reconciliation and estimates
- Operations – resolution of trade settlement issues, confirmations, and loan disbursements and fixings
- CSG –understand the needs of our clients and act as required in the provision of consistent pricing and execution
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree desirable but not required.
Previous work experience in finance / banking / financial markets would be preferable.
Strong technological skills in the use of all relevant systems: Bloomberg, Excel (some VBA), Summit, Reuters dealing & Eikon, Powerpoint, Outlook, and other systems as relevant.
Some understanding of EBRD Countries of Operations and markets would be preferable.
Strong English, reading, writing, comprehension and communication skills are a necessity. A second language of one of EBRD’s Countries of Operation is highly desirable, preferably Russian, French and/or Arabic.
Competencies & Personal Attributes
- Organisational Alignment – Comfortable operating in a multi-cultural environment and with an interest and motivation for the Bank’s mission
- Creativity and Innovation – the ability to question habits and current methods and to adapt or generate imaginative, innovative and new ideas
- Results Oriented – The ability to set clear goals and objectives for self, focusing on the delivery of targets, quality and deadlines
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Proactive Problem solver
What we offer:
Contact: Stephen Halstead