- AUTO-TRANSLATED TO RUSSIAN: Yes
- Posted by Direct Employer
Commercial Graduate Programme
What is on offer?
AHK has an opportunity for an individual to join our Commercial Graduate Programme and be part of our newly established Business Planning and Analysis Team whose responsibility it is to provide information on new markets for our business to help drive strategic decisions and business growth.
Based in our UK Global Headquarters in the North West of England, the role will involve a 9 month development programme. During which time you will spend time learning about AHK, working within, and gaining an understanding of the Business Planning and Analysis department.
This experience, coupled with your drive, will open up further opportunities in the Group. Other candidates that have followed a similar programme have taken up commercial and management roles both in the UK and overseas.
Alfred H Knight are an independent provider of inspection and testing services. Established in 1881, AHK operates in more than 40 countries with a well-earned reputation for providing reliable, professional services.
We provide specialist services for a wide range of commodities within base and minor metals, steel raw materials, ferro alloys, precious metals, platinum group metals, industrial minerals, solid fuels and fertilisers. Our clients include miners, smelters, refineries, traders, financial institutions and government bodies.
We maintain rigorous quality standards to ensure that our operations provide the highest level of services to our clients. We achieve this through compliance with industry standards and regulations for laboratory, inspection and quality management, including ISO: IEC 17025, 17020 and 9001.
Our people are our finest asset and as a truly global company, we value diversity, and respect people from all backgrounds.
Do you have what it takes?
To be successful at Alfred H Knight, you will need to display the following:
Required Personal Qualities
- Independence: the ability to take the initiative, lead on projects and be proactive in prioritising a dynamic and diverse workload.
- Interpersonal: confidence in forming effective working relationships with a diverse range of people, including working inclusively and as part of a team.
- Communication: effective oral and written communication of ideas with an excellent command of English.
- Adaptability: the ability to multitask and respond effectively to change.
- Analytical: the ability to draw accurate and informative conclusions from detailed research without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Ambition. Must have ambitions to have a career in Risk and Compliance.
- Willingness. A growth mind set, willing to learn, co-operative and enabling attitude towards training and personal development.
Required Skills and Experience
- STEM or Finance and Economics graduate
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of data with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand the context of the analysis and provide data-driven recommendations
- Previous internship or initial professional work experience in a commercial environment is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, Python) and data visualisation programmes such as Power BI.
- Energy, Metals and Minerals industry knowledge.
Other languages advantageous (e.g. Spanish, Mandarin, Russian, Japanese, French)
- Travel as required both domestically and internationally.
- Must have a valid passport and ability to obtain visas as necessary.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance, free parking and an employee assistance programme.